Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service means keeping and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server run by a web hosting supplier. There are different varieties of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a glance at these. In this way, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you wish to launch a web portal, e-mail accounts, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution offered by various file storage providers, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services are frequently supported by displaying ads next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a particular amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly improper interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between individual groups of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a large number of pics with chums or associates since the solution is usually free of cost. You will get a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to managing your mail addresses. Some suppliers offer webspace hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email service. If you would like to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to possess as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to possess a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and email address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Hosting for All, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the regular email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for particular web content solely.